We are seeking an experienced Certified Veterinary Technician or experienced Veterinary Assistant who will contribute to the fun and engaging environment we want for our staff, clients, and patients.
Our core values are Positive Attitude, Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, and Excellence. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate these values through their daily behavior, regardless of their job title or specific responsibilities. In this role, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate those behaviors while carrying out responsibilities as directed by the Veterinarians and Management team, typically consisting of:
- Support veterinarians and clients in delivering medical and surgical care, information, compassion, and education.
- Help clients understand the pros and cons of various treatment options and suggest follow-up options in consultation with the Veterinarian.
- Maintain pristine medical records.
- Gather histories, using your expertise to know what areas of history are important to dig into based on the case as it presents.
- Discuss your observations
- Assess and properly restrain patients.
- Train and help more junior staff advance in their knowledge and technique (medical or with clients).
- Prepare treatment rooms, specialized exam rooms, or surgery suites for use.
- Assist with examinations, diagnostics (e.g. ultrasound, radiographs) and surgeries.
- Administer injections, insert catheters, perform dental cleanings, dress and clean wounds, take vital signs, recognize distress and call appropriate attention.
- Prepare medications and ensure clients understand discharge instructions.
- Follow up with clients during future visits or via phone.
- Run and prepare laboratory tests and pathology for Veterinarians.
The strong preference is for an experienced and Licensed Veterinary Technician status. We will accept unlicensed candidates with sufficient length and breadth of relevant experience. Your training, hands-on experience, and certifications are important, but insufficient on their own. Your ability to demonstrate the core values and bring positive energy to the team are equally important.
We strive for veterinary excellence through compassionate care as an AAHA certified Veterinary Clinic. Whether through practicing Fear Free techniques, going out of our way to help clients. or friendships and camaraderie across the staff; patients and clients only experience Excellence when we work as a Team that consistently demonstrates a Positive Attitude, Respect, and Integrity.
We provide high-quality medical care, laser surgery, laparoscopic surgery, digital radiography, ultrasound and have a state of the art in-house laboratory and pharmacy. Our medical records are fully digital and paperless. As part of our team, you will receive excellent benefits including pet care, food & boarding discounts, paid continuing education for our CVTs, an employer retirement plan, paid holidays, a uniform allowance, earned vacation time and sick paid time-off